WHAT DOES FIRST FEDERAL BANK DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? Rev.12/2021
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons First Federal Bank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
Does First Federal Bank share?
Can you limit this sharing?
For our everyday business purposes - such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
For our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you
For joint marketing with other financial companies
For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences
We don't share
For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
We don't share
For our affiliates to market to you
We don't share
For nonaffiliates to market to you
We don't share
Call 866-871-7926 or go to www.firstfederalbanknc.com
What We Do
How does First Federal Bank protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does First Federal Bank collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
If you are a First Federal Bank customer, please see our Consumer Privacy Notice, which we provide to all our individual customers, for a comprehensive explanation of how we collect, use, and share personal information and your choices for limiting the use and sharing of your information as our customer.
• How information about you is collected;
• How we use and with whom we share this information;
• How you can access and update this information; and
• The choices you can make about how we collect, use and share your information.
First Federal Bank collects information from Website visitors and also obtains information from third parties (including from service providers) in the course of providing our deposit, loan, and mortgage origination services (our “Services”), which we may add to the data we obtain through the Website. The information collected through our website includes:
• Personal and Account-related Information. You may provide us information about you, which may include personal information and information relating to or necessary for the initiation, processing, or completion of certain financial transactions, including the issuance of deposit accounts or loans.
• Transactional Information. We may also create transactional records of each of the transactions or other events occurring through our Website. This transactional information is generally collected (i) to enable our Services, including document creation, origination, management, and distribution, (ii) to enable the services provided by third parties (including determinations regarding qualification for deposit accounts or loans or the interest rates to be applied to deposit accounts or loans), and (iii) to enable First Federal Bank to comply with various legal obligations.
• Device and Usage Information. Like most online services, our Website collects standard technical, non-personal information when you use it, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service providers (ISPs), the pages and content you view or interact with on our Website, the information you search for, and the dates and times that you visit our Website.
• Cookies and Other Technologies. Our Website collects certain information through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with our Website, to monitor usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve and personalize our Website. Many Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You may be able to instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit. Google provides some additional privacy options relating to Google analytics, described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. We do not respond to “do not track” browser signals at this time. We may also use web beacons, which are transparent graphic images on a webpage or within the body of one of our marketing emails, to allow us to measure visitor actions and assess the effectiveness of our email marketing campaigns. For example, we use web beacons in our email marketing to track instances where a user clicks through a link in the email.
We may collect Personal Information about you, which may include: name, postal address, zip code, e-mail address, telephone number, account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification or verification numbers, social security number, mobile device location, and other information that we can use to contact you, verify your identity, provide the functionality available through use of the App and the Service, and manage risks, such as information maintained about you by identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, and payment and other transaction information, and history for payments and other transactions in which you participate through the Service, and any Personal Information that you may enter into information blocks present in the App interface or made available through the Service. We may collect information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, unique device identifiers, information about your location, and analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance. For your convenience, you may be asked to grant permission for access to your mobile device’s geolocation data. This information may be collected when you use certain services that are dependent on your mobile device’s location
(such as the location of an ATM or in store transactions).
First Federal Bank may collect Personal Information about you by the following methods:
• Information that you input to the App or that the App collects automatically;
• Your use of the App and the Service, and your interactions with customer care, including information you enter or speak, and information transmitted by your computer or mobile device or other devices you use as part of your receipt of the Service; and
• We may also collect Personal Information about you from others, such as Affiliates, or other companies (such as for fraud detection).
We and service providers working on our behalf use information collected in a variety of ways intended to provide our Website, Applications, and Services and to operate our business, including the following:
• To Provide our Services. We use the information that we collect (i) to operate, maintain, enhance and provide our Website and our Services, (ii) to provide other services and information that you request, (iii) to provide customer support to you and other parties, and (iv) to complete transactions and render services authorized by you.
• To Improve, Analyze, and Personalize our Website and Services. We use the information that we collect to understand and analyze usage trends and preferences; to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our Website and Services; to improve our Website and Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality; and to personalize our Website and Services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use our Website, or providing customized content and information.
• To Contact You. We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including marketing or promotional communications, relating to our Website and Services. Generally, you have the ability to opt out of receiving promotional communications as described below.
• Aggregate Data. We aggregate data collected through our Website and use it for purposes such as creating and sharing reports about the use of our products and services, including users’ interests, usage patterns, and trends.
• Advertising. We may use non-identifiable information that you provide or that we collect to improve or tailor the effectiveness of advertising on our Website or other Services o provide advertisements and other content that is tailored to you.
We may share, transfer, or disclose your information if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
• To Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to provide services including account or transaction processing or administration; Website hosting and other similar services, development and maintenance; advertising and marketing services; and other services related to our Website and Services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information. These service providers are not permitted to use information we share that might identify you for any purpose other than to provide services to First Federal Bank or to you.
• In Aggregate Form. We may make certain aggregated non-personal information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, usage patterns, deposit origination, and borrowing and loan origination trends.
• Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection of Our Rights. We may disclose your information (including your personal information) to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of our Website or Services, (d) to protect the property, rights, and safety of First Federal Bank, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person, or (f) to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
• In Significant Business Transactions. Your information, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
You can access and update the information that you have provided to us as follows:
• If you are a First Federal Bank customer, you can access and update certain personal information in connection with your account or application by logging into your account online.
• You may contact us at email@example.com and request to review, amend or delete certain personal information collected by us.
• Please note that we may not be able to delete all information we collect.
• You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails at any time by following the steps to “unsubscribe” described in the footer of our marketing emails. Your opt-out will become effective in 10 days or less.
Our website is not directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 through our website. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information through our website, we will take steps to delete such information.
Our Website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. If you have any questions about how these other sites use your information, you should contact them directly.
First Federal Bank has certain measures in place to maintain the security, confidentiality and integrity of the information we gather , and to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of such information. While we take measures to protect your personal information against security breaches and unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective all of the time against all security threats.
First Federal Bank
200 East Divine Street
Dunn, NC 28334