Join the First Federal team!
Job Number: 162021
Mortgage Loan Originator
Division: First Federal Mortgage
Primary Location: Holly Springs, NC
Non-Exempt 40 hours per week
First Federal Mortgage, a division of First Federal Bank is growing! We are looking for Mortgage Loan Originators who would like to be part of an exciting growth opportunity as we expand our mortgage services in Wake County. First Federal Mortgage Loan Originators will have access to a wide range of competitive products consisting of portfolio and secondary market products along with the support and backing of a local community bank that has been originating mortgage loans since 1959. The bank offers a full array of benefits and is opening a new mortgage loan production office in a premier location in Wake County!
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS)
registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 and Regulation
Candidates will be subject to the required registration process, which includes a criminal background and credit check. Failure to meet or maintain any of the NMLS registration requirements, including maintaining a satisfactory criminal and credit record may result in rescission of offer or termination of employment.
- Originate 1-4 family residential mortgage loans in assigned area.
- Takes applications, conducts preliminary underwriting reviews, submits loan applications to processing and underwriting for approval.
- Follows up to ensure that documents required for processing, underwriting and closing are secured in a timely manner from appropriate sources.
- Engage in making and soliciting loan sales calls to realtors, builders, financial advisors and other referral partners.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of mortgage, sales, real estate, or banking experience
- Well-developed sales ability
- Basic knowledge of pricing and underwriting requirements of various mortgage insurance companies
- Working knowledge of underwriting requirements for FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and USDA loan programs
- Basic knowledge of local, state and nations laws (e.g. Truth-in-Lending, RESPA)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze financial information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Number: 721
Accountant – Entry Level
Performs general accounting tasks including processing accounts payable, general ledger and internal bank account reconciliations, balancing of teller cash reports to the general ledger, correspondent bank balance monitoring, correspondent bank transaction recording and assistance with financial closing procedures.
- Process accounts payable
- Scan and temporarily maintain accounts payable invoices
- Reconcile internal DDA accounts and clear outstanding items on a timely basis
- Reconciling and remitting federal and state customer tax withheld
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and clear outstanding items on a daily basis
- Reconcile 3rd party loan and deposit applications to the general ledger
- Assist in month end, quarter end, and year end closing procedures
- Assist with departmental research requests
- General office support including word processing, copying, scanning, filing and Excel spreadsheet production
- Cross train in department functions
- Other duties as assigned by CFO or other departmental managers
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates Degree in business related field of study or equivalent job experience
- Proficient math skills
- Objectively handle, process, and secure sensitive information and communications
- Basic knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, text and graph models
- Basic understanding of banking fundamentals
- Basic computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work 40+ hours a week as needed, and occasionally on Saturdays
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field.
FFB Management reserves the right to change this position description at any time according to business needs.
Job Number: 1221
To efficiently and professionally perform transactions for customers and staff. Jobholder will participate in the overall effort to market the products offered by First Federal Bank. The jobholder will perform all functions within teller standards, regulatory guidelines, company operations, policies and procedures. Jobholder will perform all functions with the highest level of professional conduct and ethics.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma
- Cash handling experience
- Good verbal skills
- Professional and friendly manner
- Proficient data entry skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple transactions
- Satisfactory Driving Record
- Ability to communicate on multi-line telephone, to compose short messages, to write, to stand, to speak, to read, to hear, to understand technical manuals, to lift and carry objects up to 20 pounds, turn full range of head motion, to complete tasks with numerous interruptions, to work with little direct supervision, to stand and sit for long periods of time, to perform manual tasks, to learn in a reasonable amount of time, to proficiently enter keyboarding data; mobility to ascend/descend stairs.
PREFFERED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Required Performance Behaviors
- Demonstrate the ability to be friendly, cheerful, courteous, patient, tactful, dependable, punctual, cooperative, accurate, neat in appearance, and to maintain confidentiality of business affairs.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of products and services, organizational policies and standard procedures.
- Demonstrate technical skills – the ability to work and produce as required.
- Demonstrate good human relation skills – the ability to work with co-workers and to deal pleasantly with others, the ability to be a problem-solver and to communicate effectively, to listen and show a willingness to give focused time and attention which will help to strengthen others’ confidence in you and the Bank.
- Demonstrate a readiness to learn and accept change as needed to promote service excellence to others.
- Demonstrate a willingness to understand and support management’s goals and philosophies.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player, help promote high morale to make the Bank a more productive and pleasant place to work.
- Demonstrate a good attitude. Your attitude influences the degree of satisfaction you derive from your job, the quality of your work, and the way others relate to you. Refrain from constantly expressing dissatisfaction. Respectfully consider the perspectives of others. Demonstrate a good attitude both verbally and through body language. Consistently show courtesy regardless of the length or complication of the situation.
- Demonstrate a willingness to work. Report to work timely and consistently. Schedule leave as far in advance as possible.
- Processing customer transactions within prescribed Teller Standards and procedures including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, tax deposits, opening and closing accounts, check cashing, etc.
- Balance and maintain cash drawer
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with customer, staff, and branch management
- Assist customers and staff with problems and make a concentrated effort to solve problems
- Participate and/or assist in the initial and ongoing training of account representatives
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
We will review resumes for qualification; however, you must complete an on-line application to be considered an applicant for the position. Click “Get Started Now!” or forward inquiries and resumes/letters of introduction to email@example.com or fax to 910-892-8435.
First Federal Bank Hiring Policies
Conducting Background Checks
First Federal will make every effort to interview qualified applicants. We reserve the right to conduct background checks which may also include accessing your credit report.
Equal Opportunity Policy
It is the policy of FFB to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age or national origin. The policy relates to all phases of employment including: recruiting, hiring, benefits and privileges of employment, compensation, training, and appointments for advancement, transfers, relocations and terminations of employment for all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
FFB provides the material contained herein for information purposes only. All open jobs offered by FFB are subject to specific job skill requirements, qualifications and preferred experience. FFB is an equal opportunity employer. All hiring decisions are subject to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable permissions or compliance.
Personal information voluntarily submitted will be maintained by Human Resources and used by FFB its intended purpose. Submitting a resume to FFB implies that you are interested in a position(s), but does not mean that you are an applicant or that you will be considered as an applicant for a position(s). To be considered as an applicant for the position, you must access and complete the on-line application within the “open application period”.
FFB reserves the right to make changes to this site at any time and without notice, and makes no commitment to update this site.
Equal Opportunity Employer